Date:      Fri, 11 Sep 2015 12:12:41 +0300
From:      Dmitry Sivachenko <trtrmitya@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: netisr process eats 100% cpu

Sivachenko <trtrmitya@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> Hello!
>=20
> I am using fresh FreeBSD-10/stable.
>=20
> I have a program which establish a TCP connection to server and sends =
a lot of small requests over it.
> I put haproxy load balancer working in TCP mode in the middle, which =
listens some port on localhost.
>=20
> Under the relatively low network load (20MB/sec, ~100 kpps), netisr =
process starts to consume close to 100% CPU, and does not allow to =
utilize more network bandwidth:
>=20
>   11 root         -72    -     0K   944K CPU27  27   0:34  98.06% =
intr{swi1: netisr 0}
>=20
> If I do not pass traffic through haproxy but connect directly to =
remote server, netisr process consumes 0% CPU and everything works well.
>=20
> Is it rather expected or this can be fixed?
>=20
> Thanks in advance.

Also I want to add that netisr process consume CPU only when TCP client =
and haproxy are running on the same host.  If I move haproxy to a =
separate machine, netisr process does show in top(1) output at all.

So this looks weird at least.=