Date:      Tue, 20 Aug 1996 07:54:33 +0200
From:      Gunter Loos <Gul@pino.ngonet.be>
To:        Bala Periasamy <bala@cst.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problems: PPP server

At 14:07 20/08/96 +1000, Bala Periasamy wrote:
>I want to install a ppp server on the 2.1.5 FreeBSD machine.
>
>The machine is connected to the network and has got a modem attached
>to the com port 2. Which is of device /dev/cuaa1.
>
>Which ppp server program to use. The handbook has got a section on
>kernel PPP and a PPP server .
>
>I had got all the scripts for the PPP server and installed kermit-c
>on the system.
>
>But when I type pppd, I get Sorry- PPP not available on the system.
>
>Which is the easy way to install PPP server on the system.
>
>Can someone guide me here.

You'll have to ensure the ppp0 device is existing (in /dev), and also
compiled into your kernel. Look in the handbook for that as well.

Gul.
  .    .__    . |Nationaal Centrum voor OntwikkelingsSamenwerking vzw, NgoNet
 _| _  [ __   | |Voice    Gunter.Loos@+32 2 5392620       Fax   +32 2 5391343
(_](/, [_./(_|| |mailto:gul@ngonet.be "You are all weirdos."  - Sam the Eagle
----MijnEigenWoordenNietVanIemandAnders - MyOwnExpressionsNotSomeoneElses----