Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 1995 19:49:01 +0100 (BST)
From:      Paul Richards <paul@lambda.demon.co.uk>
To:        pete@dsw.com (Pete Kruckenberg)
Cc:        jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de, security@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Byet April 95 no ref to screennd

> On Sun, 9 Jul 1995, Julian Howard Stacey wrote:
>
> > In Byte Mag. April 95 P.96 Col 2 Para 2:
> > 	"A version of DECs screennd kernel screening software is avail.
> > 	for BSD386, NetBSD, & BSDI"
> > No mention of FreeBSD tho'
> > Author was 5051339@mcimail.com John Bryan
>
> Any mention of where to get it? If it's available for these, it should
> compile with little or no modification on FreeBSD.

It ports very easily. I've worked on it a bit to the point where
I can compile a kernel and run it. Haven't tested it out much
since it's for a gateway and I'm not running one.

I'll try and get around to committing the necessary kernel hooks
sometime soon.

--
  Paul Richards, Bluebird Computer Systems. FreeBSD core team member.
  Internet: paul@FreeBSD.org, http://www.freebsd.org/~paul