Date:      Fri, 3 Nov 2000 08:14:19 -1000
From:      Gary Dunn <gdunng@mac.com>
To:        jmelesky@dynamictrade.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing Oracle 8 on FreeBSD

On Thu, 02 Nov 2000, jmelesky@dynamictrade.com wrote:
> > Has anyone installed Oracle 8 (Linux) version on FreeBSD?  If so, I
> > need to know the install process for this installation.
>
> I'm in the same boat -- i've heard great (well, ok, good, or at least
> decent) things about running Oracle/Linux on FreeBSD, but haven't
> actually gone through the install. Today my boss turned around and
> told me to do it. Are there any howtos? Any help would be appreciated.
>
> -johnnnnnnn

I haven't tried it, but I would begin by checking that I had the Linux
emulation installed and running (see Lehey's book, ch. 20) and try installing
it. If you have problems -- or success -- contact Oracle
(http://www.oracle.com/iplatform/linux/). The more of use who speak up, the
more likely we will see http://www.oracle.com/iplatform/freebsd/.

--
 == Gary Dunn