Date:      Wed, 3 Nov 1999 11:29:50 -0600 (CST)
From:      Craig Johnston <caj@lfn.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   realserver tools, realaudio format

We've got the Linux G2 Realserver running on 3.2-stable and it seems
to work just fine.

There is a utility for win95 called 'rmeditor' that allows you to paste
together realaudio files -- like the old 'rapaste' but for .rm files.
This has, as far as I know, not been ported to Linux or FreeBSD.  It
won't run under doscmd, also as far as I know.

So what are folks out there running Realserver on FreeBSD doing to
paste files together?

Is there a binary out there that will run under FreeBSD that I missed?

If not, does anyone have pointers on info about the format of .rm files?

A client wants me to write something to paste these files together
if I cannot find another way to do it, and combing the real.com
website did not give me the file format.

Any ideas?  Anyone else interested in the same thing?

thanks,
Craig Johnston
(I assumed this would be the most appropriate list -- lemme know if I should
ask on another.)