Date:      Tue, 18 Mar 1997 11:01:37 +0800 (WST)
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@wisdom.psinet.net.au>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Transparent proxying in FreeBSD?

Hi. I'm looking at setting up something that Linux terms as "transparent
proxying" under FreeBSD.This would allow me to force our users to use the
proxy server by intercepting their attempts at connecting / talking to the
HTTP port on machines, and redirect it to the proxy server. Another
application I was condering was intercepting ident requests to our dialup
lines and returning the ident corresponding to the user logged in on that
line. Linux supports it quite easily.

Thanks.

Adrian Chadd
<adrian@psinet.net.au>