Date:      Sun, 23 Sep 2001 12:27:32 -0700
From:      "Eric Parusel" <lists@globalrelay.net>
To:        <Freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Compiling 4.4 kernel, name problems?

I've just come across something a little odd....

I use the name CUSTOM for my kernel when creating a custom kernel
config, copied from GENERIC.....

When my kernel config file is named CUSTOM, I get this error.... (even
if CUSTOM is the same as GENERIC apart from the ident line)

--------
# make buildkernel KERNCONF=CUSTOM
<rest deleted for space reasons>
===> ipfilter
make: don't know how to make
/usr/src/sys/modules/ipfilter/../../netinet/mlfk_ipl.c. Stop
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CUSTOM.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1
--------

If I `cp CUSTOM CUST` and change all references from CUSTOM to CUST
inside the CUST file, the compile works fine....

GENERIC works fine as well.
CUST and CUSTOM are exactly the same as GENERIC, apart from having the
ident line changed to suit the filename inside the file.

Any ideas?  Is the name CUSTOM for a kernel config not allowed or
something?

Thanks,

Eric Parusel