Date:      Sat, 10 Feb 2001 02:31:11 -0500
From:      "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        "Beatriz Cardoso" <betina_81@yahoo.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   =?iso-8859-1?Q?Re:_it=B4s_urgent........I_need_to_know......?=

> what are the system requirements
>
> please is urgent, i nedd it for a 2 day homework and i
> couldn´t find it anywhere
> could you please answer me as soon as posible?ˇ
> thank you

Please visit the FreeBSD homepage at http://www.freebsd.org and look at the
FAQ and the FreeBSD Handbook.

In particular, Section 1.4 of the FAQ answers your question, although it is
need of updating:

"You'll need a 386 or better PC, with 5 MB or more of RAM and at least 60 MB
of hard disk space. It can run with a low end MDA graphics card but to run
X11R6, a VGA or better video card is needed."

You should really have 16 MB of RAM and 200MB of hard drive space at a
minimum.

--
Matt Emmerton