Date:      Mon, 06 Dec 1999 13:34:54 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
To:        Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
Cc:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG, arch@FreeBSD.ORG, audit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/i386/conf files.i386 src/sys/kern kern_fork.c src/sys/libkern arc4random.c src/sys/sys libkern.h

On Mon, 06 Dec 1999 12:28:15 +0100, Brad Knowles wrote:

>       I mean, we *are* talking about -CURRENT here, right?  It's my
> understanding that anyone running -CURRENT has to expect that the
> thing won't be usable

One thing you're missing here is that CURRENT often _becomes_ STABLE
later. :-)

However, I think I agree with you.  Perhaps a small POLA sacrifice for
the sake of a large security gain is cool.  I don't see a massive gain
for day-to-day stuff myself, but folks are talking like it's a large
gain.  Some of them are sensible folks. ;-)

Ciao,
Sheldon.

PS: Damnit, I didn't realize that the message I replied to originally
    was a cross-post.  Sorry.