Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2001 16:28:09 -0500
From:      J Ramos <JRAMOS2@nc.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Annoying sound problem

I'm currently running 4.2-RELEASE, installed a few days ago. I finally
got around to cvsup'ing /usr/src and ports. Made world, recompiled a
kernel for sound, the same configuration I used the last time, ./MAKEDEV
snd0 in /dev. Sound works, to a degree. Using xmms works fine, I can
adjust levels using wmmixer, using the exact same configuration as last
time. When I fire up Everybuddy, gaim, etc..., no sound. I've checked in
the preferences, sound is enabled. Checking the console reveals
/dev/dsp: Device busy. What causes that, and how can I hopefully fix it?

Thanks for you time and help,
Josh Ramos

--
--- Josh Ramos