Date:      Sun, 13 Apr 1997 03:50:53 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        dave@SEINC.NET
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Wiredbrain.com

Dear David,

I notice that you're listed as both the technical contact for wiredbrain.com
and vcity.net, their primary DNS.

I don't know what your affliliation is with Mr. Pflaum is, but I can
tell you that a LOT of people on the net are up in arms about the guy
and that both of you are about to be the target of a letter-writing
and complaint campaign the likes of which hasn't been seen since
Cantor & Siegel.

Since you may be an innocent bystander in all of this, I just thought
I'd give you fair warning and perhaps a chance to explain your
affiliation so that I can take you off the "black list" of people who
will be receiving "nasty grams" in connection with all of this.

Please don't underestimate the size of this mobilization against
Dr. Pflaum - he has been spamming people for months with his idiotic
newsletter (and frankly, I cannot understand his motivation at all -
what sane person would go to so much trouble to inflict his half-baked
opinions on such an unwilling audience?) and literally thousands of
people are seriously sick of it.  We are also prepared to go to any
lengths to see him stopped, including phone calls to any and all
providers associated with him (and I don't just mean _one_ phone call
- we shall continue to call and email until some action results),
registration with the various "anti-spam" task forces, you name it.

Frankly, I wouldn't want to be in your shoes at all. :-)

Please take this seriously - we're not just a bunch of college kids
sitting around trying to think up a new crusade.  We're Internet
"old-timers" who do not like to see the kind of self-serving crap that
Dr. Pflaum has been dishing out, and we will not stop until we've seen
the very last "wiredbrain" newsletter land in our mailboxes.

Thank you, and if you truly are an innocent bystander in all this then
I apologise in advance for the tone of this letter (though I'd still
recommend that you run away from your current affiliation as his
technical contact with all due speed).

Regards,

					Jordan