Date:      Fri, 05 Jan 2007 17:41:33 +0100
From:      Rene Ladan <r.c.ladan@gmail.com>
To:        Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
Cc:        Benjamin Close <Benjamin.Close@clearchain.com>, Gavin Atkinson <gavin.atkinson@ury.york.ac.uk>, Florent Thoumie <flz@freebsd.org>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org, Attilio Rao <attilio@freebsd.org>, damien.bergamini@free.fr, gabor@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Updated Driver for 3945ABG Intel 3945ABG Wireless LAN controller

Max Laier schreef:
> On Friday 05 January 2007 16:58, Florent Thoumie wrote:
>> Max Laier wrote:

>>> Mirror'ed at: http://people.freebsd.org/~mlaier/wpi_port/

>> While I'm really happy to see people working on this, isn't this a
>> duplicated effort? This is at least the third attempt to get a wpi(4)
>> driver on FreeBSD (and I'm sure two of them are based on Damien's
>> driver). I might be missing something though.
>
> Hence the extensive CC-list ... I'm trying to get all people involved to
> talk to each other and coordinate.  From what I hear the other drivers
> showed some problems regarding resource allocation - maybe this one does
> better ...

[...]

Added Gavin Atkinson to the CC list, he is working on a wpi(4) clone
which I'm using at the moment.  It has some memory corruption error, but
is otherwise behaving quite good.

Regards,
Rene
--
GPG fingerprint = E738 5471 D185 7013 0EE0  4FC8 3C1D 6F83 12E1 84F6
(subkeys.pgp.net)

"It won't fit on the line."
		-- me, 2001