Date:      Sun, 3 Feb 2013 18:51:18 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        "Isaac (.ike) Levy" <ike@blackskyresearch.net>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make xdev failing for me

On Feb 3, 2013, at 11:43 AM, Isaac (.ike) Levy wrote:

> On Feb 2, 2013, at 8:20 PM, Warner Losh wrote:
>> On Feb 2, 2013, at 10:13 AM, Isaac (.ike) Levy wrote:
>>=20
>>> Hi All,
>>>=20
>>> Been using Tim's scripts for a few months,
>>> I've just rebuilt a 10.x "build-mule" machine, and I'm snagged =
somewhere new:
>>>=20
>>> # make xdev XDEV=3Darm XDEV_ARCH=3Darm
>>>=20
>>> Breaking output below.
>>> I pulled the clang bits from /etc/make.conf, but it appears to be =
using clang to build the xdev bits?
>>>=20
>>> (I don't believe it's relevant, but I built the host using clang, =
(amd64), and the boot disk is zfs.)
>>>=20
>>> --
>>> Should I file a PR, or am I down a known-silly path?
>>=20
>> Please file a PR. This should just work. It did last time I did it. =
I'll look at it after I get back from a mini-vacation I'm on...
>>=20
>> Warner
>=20
> Just submitted a PR, will keep my ears perked if you want me to try =
anything, (I'm dead in the water until I get past this anyhow).
>=20
> In the meantime, I may just wipe the machine and try again fresh.

sudo -E make xdev XDEV=3Darm XDEV_ARCH=3Darm

seems to be working for me...  It is busy building gcc for me at the =
moment. I suspect clang-related issues... Can you check to see that =
WITHOUT_CLANG and WITH_GCC are defined?

Warner=