Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 1997 12:27:01 +1200 (NZST)
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>
To:        Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
Cc:        Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@gnu.ai.mit.edu>, Studded@dal.net, FreeBSD-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Needed: Info on shells and script writing

On Wed, 13 Aug 1997, Annelise Anderson wrote:

[snip]
>    Note: Do not change root's shell. It must be either sh or csh, because
>    otherwise you may not have a working shell when the system puts you
>    into single user mode.

Is this true? I've got tcsh as my root's shell, and when I `shutdown'
into single user, FreeBSD prompts me for the shell to use (in which
case I accept the default `sh').

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen                          e-mail : jonc@pinnacle.co.nz
  Pinnacle Software Ltd                Voice  : +64.9.415.4460