Date:      Tue, 25 Dec 2007 02:59:00 +0100
From:      Martin Tournoij <carpetsmoker@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        svein.h@lvor.halvorsen.cc
Subject:   Re: UTF-8 in Opera/FreeBSD

On Sun 23 Dec 2007 19:12, Svein Halvor Halvorsen wrote:
> I'm switching to UTF-8, and everything seems to work flawlessly,
> except for Opera. If I type one of the norwegian letters =E6=F8=E5 into a
> text input box all I get is a square box. If I type backspace over
> it, it gets converted to a questionmark on the first stroke of
> backspace, and deleted on the second. If I copy the square box into
> another program, the propper letter is paced.

The problem is that the font you're using doesn't support the
character(s) you want to type.
You'll have to change the font in the opera preferences dialog, I
think the bitstream family supports most UTF-8 fonts.

This site may be useful in testing:
http://people.w3.org/rishida/scripts/uniview/

Regards,
Martin Tournoij