Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 2008 07:16:17 -0700
From:      Chris <eagletree@hughes.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPFW, DIVERT, and if_bridge

Hello,

I posted a similar message to Questions but received no
answer so I'm reposting a paraphrase here to see if anyone
knows.

I built FreeBSD 7.0 with options DIVERT and if_bridge to
see if I could make snort_inline work with the bridging
firewall I'm building. I found that the divert would not
direct packets to snort_inline which sounded a little like
the experiences people had when they tried to do this
with the pre-6.x bridge.

Is it still not possible to use divert with if_bridge? Here
is what I'm seeing in ipfw.

65000  48  7382 count ip from any to any
65001   0     0 divert 8300 ip from any to any
65010  48  7382 allow ip from any to any

Thank you,
Chris Pratt