Date:      Sat, 12 Aug 2000 10:29:35 -0500
From:      "Jonel Rienton" <freebsd@jonelrienton.org>
To:        <jan@ic.unicamp.br>, "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: moving from Debian Linux

for your no. 1 question, put your options and flags in /etc/rc.local, check
out /etc/defaults/rc.local, put all your changes in /etc/rc.local, as for 2
and 3, i would let others give their opinion on those. as for no. 4, the
ports collection contains almost everything/applications that you would need
to play with, note the word almost.

btw, i've also used debian.

Jonel Rienton
http://qmail.freebsduser.org/qmail.html