Date:      Sat, 22 Feb 2003 14:01:05 +0100
From:      Cliff Sarginson <cls@raggedclown.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   ssh(d) problems between FreebSD and Linux Systems

Hello,
Behind my firewall I am trying to set up password-free ssh between the
various systems. I have come across a curious problem. From a BSD
machine I can set it up so that FreeBSD can ssh into any of the Linux
machines is fine, but the other way around, trying to get into the
FreeBSD machines from Linux, causes sshd on FreebSD to return

Feb 22 13:46:57 willow sshd[926]: fatal: monitor_read: unsupported
request: 24

This happens with 2 different varieties of Linux, so it is not an
artefact of just one system. The configurations look the same at both
ends as far as I can see.

I have "achieved this by generating an rsa key, and putting the public
one into the authorized_keys2 file as appropriate.

Any suggestions ?

--
Regards
   Cliff Sarginson