Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:47:09 -0500
From:      Ken Hawkins <ken@rosewoodblues.com>
To:        "Thomas Foster" <tbonius@comcast.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: removing php4 in order to install php5-pear

thanks T that did the trick of installing. I guess I can't get the
order correct or something because now I can't go back in install
mod_php4;

Build complete.
(It is safe to ignore warnings about tempnam and tmpnam).

===>  Installing for mod_php4-4.3.9,1

===>  mod_php4-4.3.9,1 conflicts with installed package(s):
       php4-4.3.9

       They install files into the same place.
       Please remove them first with pkg_delete(1).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/mod_php4.

do I not have to install mod_php4 to get apache support? just modifying
the httpd.conf doesn't do the trick.

i noticed doing pkg_info returns;
php4-4.3.9          PHP Scripting Language (Apache Module and CLI)
php4-pcre-4.3.9     The pcre shared extension for php
php4-xml-4.3.9      The xml shared extension for php
php5-pear-5.0.2     PEAR framework for PHP

should php4-4.3.9 be installed as part of the php5-pear?

i obviously do not have the order right to install

apache13
mod_php(?)
php(?)-extensions
mysql323-server
and phpbb

anyone have any insight as to what could be the right combination to
get these to play nice?

ken;