Date:      Mon, 07 Feb 2000 23:16:35 -0500
From:      "Pedro Fernando Giffuni" <pfgiffun@bachue.usc.unal.edu.co>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What Linus said about FreeBSD

Brett Glass wrote:

> A number of people have stated that Linus disparaged FreeBSD at LinuxWorld.
> Here, for the purpose of discussion, iswhat he actually said. At 41:59 in
> the video at
> http://www.technetcast.com/tnc_play.ram?stream_id=207&stream_type=2&play_htt
> p=1&play_Real5=1, Linux has the following exchange with an audience member
> who has walked up to the mike to ask a question.

Well, there's not much one can expect from the answer: Linus is the
wrong person to give opinions on how good or bad the BSD community is. I
do think that in an OS the technical issues are more important than the
"surrounding community", especially when you never get to really meet in
person most of these guys. I wouldn't use any OS just because the
developers are good buddies and everyone loves free software: I am
looking for quality and for that feeling that I am doing the right
thing.
That said, the BSD guys I've met are excellent people (the finnest, in
my limited opinion).

Just my $0.02.

    Pedro.