Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2006 09:29:16 +0900
From:      Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Call for Marvell/SysKonnect Yukon II Gigabit Ethernet testers.

Hi,

I've written a driver for Marvell/SysKonnect Yukon II Gigabit
Ethernet controller. It supports the following GigE adapters.
o SysKonnect SK-9Sxx Yukon Gigabit Ethernet
o SysKonnect SK-9Exx Yukon Gigabit Ethernet
o Marvell Yukon 88E8021CU Gigabit Ethernet
o Marvell Yukon 88E8021 SX/LX Gigabit Ethernet
o Marvell Yukon 88E8022CU Gigabit Ethernet
o Marvell Yukon 88E8022 SX/LX Gigabit Ethernet
o Marvell Yukon 88E8061CU Gigabit Ethernet
o Marvell Yukon 88E8061 SX/LX Gigabit Ethernet
o Marvell Yukon 88E8062CU Gigabit Ethernet
o Marvell Yukon 88E8062 SX/LX Gigabit Ethernet
o Marvell Yukon 88E8035 Gigabit Ethernet
o Marvell Yukon 88E8036 Gigabit Ethernet
o Marvell Yukon 88E8038 Gigabit Ethernet
o Marvell Yukon 88E8050 Gigabit Ethernet
o Marvell Yukon 88E8052 Gigabit Ethernet
o Marvell Yukon 88E8053 Gigabit Ethernet
o Marvell Yukon 88E8055 Gigabit Ethernet
o D-Link 560T Yukon Gigabit Ethernet

Due to lack of documentation, this driver is based on the code from
sk(4) and Marvell's myk(4) driver for FreeBSD 5.x/6.x. I've also
adopted the OpenBSD interface name, msk(4) in order to reduce naming
differences between BSDs.
After many trial and errors I now managed to work it on i386 box. At
the moment IP/TCP/UDP checksum offload for transmit and IP checksum
offload for receive is supported. Hardware VLAN tag insertion/stripping
is also supported. JUMBO frame support code is present but was not
tested at all and it may have bugs.

The driver was tested on on-board 88E8053 PCI Express NIC and I'd
like to hear success/failure reports on other architectures such as
amd64. I don't have adapters that have TBI transceivers or dual MAC
configuration so I'd also like to know whether it works on those
adapters too.

** Be ware, this driver is not for production use. It may even damage
your hardware. **

You can get the latest msk(4) driver from the following URL.
http://people.freebsd.org/~yongari/msk/msk.HEAD.diff

You should add "device msk" in your kernel configuration file
and rebuild/reboot or build kernel module if_msk.ko.
You need latest CURRENT to apply this diff.

TODO:
Automatic crossover support(e1000phy(4)).
Yukon FE(Fast Ethernet) support(e1000phy(4)).
Performance tuning.
Rx TCP/UDP checksum offload.
TSO support.
64bit DMA(DAC) support.