Date:      Thu, 02 Jan 2003 03:23:08 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_Ran=E0?= <erikrana@hem.passagen.se>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Matthew Emmerton <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
Subject:   Re: installworld stops with error code 71 that boot2 does not exsist?

I tryed that with the same result.
If i cat the logfile and grep for boot2 i see that it is created and
should be found.

erikrana# cat buildworld.out | grep boot2
===> sys/boot/i386/boot2
rm -f boot1 boot1.out boot1.o  boot2.ldr boot2.bin boot2.ld boot2.out
boot2.o boot2.h  sio.o boot2
===> sys/boot/i386/boot2
/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/boot/i386/boot2 created for
/usr/src/sys/boot/i386/boot2
===> sys/boot/i386/boot2
===> sys/boot/i386/boot2
===> sys/boot/i386/boot2
erikrana# cd /usr/src/sys/boot/i386/
erikrana# ls
Makefile        boot2           kgzldr          mbr
Makefile.inc    btx             libi386         pxeldr
boot0           cdboot          loader
erikrana# cd boot2/
erikrana# ls
Makefile        boot2.c         sio.s
boot1.s         lib.h

My powercompany made some error and gave me a short blackout, the server
rebooted and seems to work fine..
Is there a way to test if everything is correct after this? or just wait
and see if it crashes or screams in the logfiles?
Can anyone tell me how mutch is left of make installworld after the
boot2 step?

/Erik Ranà