Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 2000 02:55:56 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@FreeBSD.org>
To:        rob <europax@home.com>
Cc:        Matthew Emmerton <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make 'ls' in console color files like SuSE

rob wrote:

> Thank you.  I will try it out- hopefully my ports collection will work.
> I think I may have made a big goof earlier today.  I was having problems
> trying to make ports and getting broken internet links to the distfiles,
> so I installed the 5.0-current version of ports.tar.gz.

If you mean the 5.0-current version of the /usr/ports tree, there is no
such thing really.  There is only one version of the /usr/ports tree,
which works on both -current and the latest -stable.  (It works fine on
3-stable too, but I think it's only "guaranteed" to work on the latest
-stable.)  If you're talking about the pre-compiled packages, they are
different for each FreeBSD version.  (Though I guess you're not since
they're .tgz not .tar.gz.)

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@FreeBSD.org / PGP: 0x99392F7D