Date:      Thu, 7 Sep 1995 12:08:21 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   GI1904 hand scanner available on freebsd.cdrom.com

I have put the latest release of the GI1904 hand-scanner driver on
freebsd.cdrom.com:/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/asc.tgz

The archive includes the driver, a diff file for the relevant kernel
sources (i386/conf.c, conf/files.i386, isa/isa.h, /dev/MAKEDEV), a man
page, and installation directions. The driver still has a minor bug
related to the abort of a DMA operation, but it works reasonably well
(and it has a working "select()").

I would be grateful if these sources could be included in some of
the source trees, and possibly in the snapshot so that people have
a chance to try it out. [BTW: I don't know what is the policy about
inclusion of new drivers in the -stable and snapshots. My idea is
that this would give people a chance of trying out the code without
too much impact on stability, and is also good for pushing FreeBSD on
the "market"].

	Thanks
	Luigi
Luigi Rizzo                     Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione
email: luigi@iet.unipi.it       Universita' di Pisa
tel: +39-50-568533              via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)
fax: +39-50-568522              http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/