Date:      Mon, 3 Nov 1997 20:28:34 -0700 (MST)
From:      Charles Mott <cmott@srv.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Gary Kendall <gdk@ccomp.inode.COM>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mv /usr/src/games /dev/null - any objections?

On Mon, 3 Nov 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> What corporations?  You have a list of all parties who might
> conceivably have a trademark infringement problem with us?  Are you
> willing to do the work of tracking down and contacting all of these
> people?
>
> If not, I'm still going to go for "remove the games" as the only
> *effective* solution since pie-in-the-sky suggestions like yours
> avail us naught.

Is the core of your argement that you might have to remove
additional games in the future and so let's just get it all
over with now?  Sick of those pesky lawyers and their cease
and desist letters?

Sometimes the historical anachronisms come in handy, such as
rot13 (which seems to have vanished already).

Jordan, I think that you handle release engineering for
the best free unix distribution in the world, and a distribution
CD is a lot more than just the kernel.  Since your services
are at no cost (well, maybe Walnut Creek throws a few morsels
your way), I can't criticize you for wanting to reduce your
workload.  But aren't you at least a little concerned that
your actions might drive "Snob Art Genre" to Linux?

Charles Mott