Date:      Thu, 24 Apr 2003 11:57:47 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Toni Pisjak <admin@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        admin@dbai.tuwien.ac.at
Subject:   www/51345: login.conf.db not mentioned in release notes

>Number:         51345
>Category:       www
>Synopsis:       login.conf.db not mentioned in release notes
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD alnita.dbai.tuwien.ac.at 4.8-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.8-RELEASE #0: i386

Before FreeBSD-4.8-RELEASE there was only /etc/login.conf, but no
/etc/login.conf.db (at least i could not found this file on our
approx. 20 FreeBSD machines; however this constellation worked, i.e. the
plain text file was used instead of the hash db (i tested that)).
When installing FreeBSD-4.8-RELEASE login.conf.db apparently is created, but
this is mentioned neither in the "4.8-RELEASE Release Notes" nor in the
corresponding "Errata".

I noticed this problem, because our (so far sufficient) automatic editing of
/etc/login.conf of course didn't show up in /etc/login.conf.db and thus was
ignored.

>How-To-Repeat:

Install FreeBSD-4.8-RELEASE and look after /etc/login.conf[.db]
>Fix:
Mention the newly created /etc/login.conf.db in the Errata.