Date:      Mon, 27 Apr 2009 15:15:16 +0300
From:      Ott =?iso-8859-1?q?K=F6stner?= <ottk@zzz.ee>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X-Org problem

On Saturday 25 April 2009 11:57:38 am Paul B. Mahol wrote:
> On 4/24/09, Ott Koestner <OttK@zzz.ee> wrote:
> > Neal Hogan wrote:

> >> I'm no expert, but to help those that are, I suggest that you post the
> >> contents of your /etc/X11/Xorg.0.log (perhaps a dmesg, too).
> >>

> > After the crash Xorg is instantly restarted. Probably there is no reason
> > to copy the whole log here. Everything looks normal for some time and
> > then it restarts just at a random moment. No reason to blame hardware.
> > It was stable before pre-previous Xorg server update (over 100 days upt=
ime).

> > Ill-effects started after I upgraded to xorg-server-1.5.3. Mouse buttons
> > started to freeze randomly. That is why I chose to upgrade to
> > xorg-server-1.6.0.
> > Xorg.0.log.old ends like this:
=2E..

> > Fatal server error:
> > Caught signal 11.  Server aborting
> >

> > Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support
> >          at http://wiki.x.org
> >  for help.
> > Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional
> > information.

> > pid 7797 (Xorg), uid 0: exited on signal 6
> > pid 47182 (PBReg), uid 1001: exited on signal 10
> > pid 47199 (NetworkTray), uid 1001: exited on signal 11
> > pid 47200 (NetworkTray), uid 1001: exited on signal 11

> I saw on svn-head that signal 6 crash is caused by FreeBSD
> malloc/libc, and is fixed on CURRENT but that may not be related to
> your problem.
=20
Now I have isolated the problem with x.org but still not been able to find =
a solution.

X crash is not random, but keyboard associated and appears 100% when pressi=
ng any key on keyboard and and letting it auto-repeat. Meanwhile, updated t=
he whole system (kernel and world) to 7.2-PRERELEASE. Recompiled xf86-input=
=2Dkeyboard and xorg-server, but nothing helps in this case. :(

With best regards,
Ott K=F6stner