Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 1999 16:07:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
Cc:        advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Slashdot BSD section up and running

On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Nik Clayton wrote:

> And remember, this is not a FreeBSD only section.  That was the original
> plan from Andover, but I convinced them (well, it only took one e-mail
> message, so it wasn't too much convincing really) that it should cover all
> the BSDs.

Yep, that goes without saying really, but it needs someone familiar with
the devlopment work in the other camps to help out.

Giving some further thought to the issue of FreeBSD neophytes seeing a
cool new feature and deciding to jump into the -current waters themselves,
about the only thing I can think to do is to tag each post with a "read me
first" link which gives some general background about what to expect with
-current (e.g. the FAQ entry on this), what kinds of support you can
expect (no hand-holding), etc.

That said, I think this could be an excellent chance to advertise to the
linux camp, now that we have a little booth in their heartland :-)

Kris

----
XOR for AES -- join the campaign!