Date:      Sat, 15 Nov 2003 15:24:14 -0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?M=E1rcio_Concei=E7=E3o_Goulart?= <goulartpel@terra.com.br>
To:        Andreas Kohn <andreas.kohn@gmx.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: JavaNNS installation issues under FreeBSD

Andreas Kohn wrote:

>On Sat, 2003-11-15 at 00:28, Márcio Conceição Goulart wrote:
>

>>Hi everybody,
>>I'm getting problems to install the JavaNNS 1.1 in FreeBSD 4.9.
>>I tried to install via ports and the package JavaNNS-LinuxIntel.tar.gz
>>but with both i get the same error, that they could'nt find the
>>libSNNS_jkr.so.
>>It asks the path to put the library(/usr/home/marcio/jnns) and the
>>library is created in the directory, but JavaNNS can't still find the
>>library file. Does anyone can help me with some idea?
>>
>>Below are the output:
>>bash-2.05b$ pwd
>>/usr/home/marcio/jnns
>>
>>bash-2.05b$ ls
>>JavaNNS.jar     libSNNS_jkr.so
>>
>>bash-2.05b$ javavm -jar JavaNNS.jar
>>Font specified in font.properties not found
>>[--symbol-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-
>>
>>p-*-adobe-fontspecific]
>>Font specified in font.properties not found
>>[--symbol-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-
>>
>>p-*-adobe-fontspecific]
>>Font specified in font.properties not found
>>[--symbol-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-
>>
>>p-*-adobe-fontspecific]
>>Font specified in font.properties not found
>>[--symbol-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-
>>
>>p-*-adobe-fontspecific]
>>Font specified in font.properties not found
>>[--symbol-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-
>>
>>p-*-adobe-fontspecific]
>>Font specified in font.properties not found
>>[--symbol-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-
>>
>>p-*-adobe-fontspecific]
>>Font specified in font.properties not found
>>[--symbol-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-
>>
>>p-*-adobe-fontspecific]
>>Font specified in font.properties not found
>>[--symbol-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-
>>
>>p-*-adobe-fontspecific]
>>Font specified in font.properties not found
>>[--symbol-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-
>>
>>p-*-adobe-fontspecific]
>>Font specified in font.properties not found
>>[--symbol-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-
>>
>>p-*-adobe-fontspecific]
>>Font specified in font.properties not found
>>[--symbol-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-
>>
>>p-*-adobe-fontspecific]
>>Font specified in font.properties not found
>>[--symbol-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-
>>
>>p-*-adobe-fontspecific]
>>Font specified in font.properties not found
>>[--symbol-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-
>>
>>p-*-adobe-fontspecific]
>>Font specified in font.properties not found
>>[--symbol-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-
>>
>>p-*-adobe-fontspecific]
>>Font specified in font.properties not found
>>[--symbol-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-
>>
>>p-*-adobe-fontspecific]
>>Font specified in font.properties not found
>>[--symbol-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-
>>
>>p-*-adobe-fontspecific]
>>Font specified in font.properties not found
>>[--symbol-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-
>>
>>p-*-adobe-fontspecific]
>>Font specified in font.properties not found
>>[--symbol-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-
>>
>>p-*-adobe-fontspecific]
>>Font specified in font.properties not found
> [...]
Hi,
Unfortunately, the problem still persists, i can't realize why the
system can't find the file, but probably it is some compatibility
problem of the software.
Anyway, thanks for the help.

Márcio Conceição Goulart

<marcio@pluto>:~/jnns
$_ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/home/marcio/jnns
<marcio@pluto>:~/jnns
$_ pwd
/home/marcio/jnns
<marcio@pluto>:~/jnns
$_ la
total 1972
drwxr-xr-x   2 marcio  wheel  -     512 Nov 15 15:16 ./
drwxr-xr-x  15 marcio  wheel  -    1024 Nov 15 15:12 ../
-rwxr-xr-x   1 marcio  wheel  -  757220 Nov 13 00:05 JavaNNS.jar*
-rw-r--r--   1 marcio  wheel  - 1196614 Nov 15 15:17 libSNNS_jkr.so
<marcio@pluto>:~/jnns
$_