Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:48:29 -0700
From:      "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@monkeys.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Whither Mozilla ?

Could someone please answer the following questions for me?

#1)  What happened to the FreeBSD/Mozilla project?  Google still has
     some pages cached for this project, but the whole thing seems to
     have disappeared from the www.freebsd.org web site?

#2)  Is there anyplace where I might be able to download a working
     binary of a reasonably recent release of Mozilla that would run
     OK on a FreeBSD 4.3 system?  (I don't have time to upgrade this
     box to a newer FreeBSD rev just now.  To0 many other things going
     on.)

#3)  In lieu of #2, is there anyplace where I could download sources
     for a reasonable recent (and reasonably stable) version of Mozilla
     that I could build (without having to spend a full day futzing with
     it) on FreeBSD 4.3?

#4)  Is it just me or is Mozilla (and also Netscape) remarkably unstable
     and prone to frequent total crashes on _any_ flavor of UNIX?  (Even
     though I have both FreeBSD and Linux boxes here, there are still
     sites that I simply cannot see... at least not without the broswer
     up and crashing on me... unless I power up my Windoze box and look
     at them with IE.  Yecch.  WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?  This is REALLY
     aggravating, and I can't believe that other people would put up
     with such shoddy untestedness in such a basic Internet tool.)