Date:      Thu, 3 Feb 2005 00:32:23 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Gert Cuykens" <gert.cuykens@gmail.com>, "Chris Hodgins" <chodgins@cis.strath.ac.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: xhost +localhost

While all of this is very interesting academic, if user Gert is dumb
enough to leave the console of his UNIX system accessible then user
Ted can come along and power cycle it into single user mode and wipe his
disks whether he has the root password or not.

Or, are you assuming that the 'bios' passwords in the typical PC are
immune from 60 seconds of CMOS battery removal?

Ted