Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 1995 01:49:13 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Netscape and mime.types?

Netscape has the annoying property of not dealing with .au files
by default, but its default "Helper Applications and Proxies" page
simply refers to a file named:

	/usr/local/lib/netscape/mime.types

A file with which it is not distributed.  Anyone got any pointers to a
sample version of such a file or, failing that, some clue as to what
the syntax is?  I checked the FAQ (hey, you're famous, Peter!) but it
claims that .au files fall into the list of "built in" MIME types.  If
that's the case, why does it prompt me with a file requestor when I
click on a .au sample?  The same goes for MPEG videos, anims and
pretty much all the other types that the Netscape FAQ claims are
simply handled by default.  Grrr!

						Jordan