Date:      Fri, 18 Apr 2003 10:23:54 +0930
From:      Malcolm Kay <Malcolm.Kay@internode.on.net>
To:        Gerard Samuel <gsam@trini0.org>, FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Making Data CDs

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 09:21, Gerard Samuel wrote:
> Just getting into CD Burning with FreeBSD.
> I have a directory of files with a total size of 540M (according to w2k=
).
> I made an iso of the directory like ->
> mkisofs -o files.iso ~/temp/files

This leaves a number of questions in my mind:
If w2k can report the total size then is ~/temp/files on an NTFS or FAT f=
ile=20
system or perhaps a symbolic link thereto? Or is it a copy of a w2k tree?
What size does:
  du -k ~/temp/files
report?
What size does 'ls -l' report for files.iso?
Are any of the files w2k links/short-cuts?

> Then I used burncd like ->
> burncd -v -s max -f /dev/acd1 data ~/temp/files.iso fixate
>
> Now, Im able to mount the CD in FreeBSD, and in w2k, and they seem
> similar, but the file sizes were way off.
> According to w2k, the total file usage was 540M while the CD is only 40=
M.
> Did I use the correct steps to burn this CD??

Malcolm Kay