Date:      Sat, 5 Apr 2003 20:32:54 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Stacey Roberts <stacey@vickiandstacey.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: "make index" after latest cvsup of ports tree seg faults

--UlVJffcvxoiEqYs2

On Sat, Apr 05, 2003 at 05:05:28PM +0100, Stacey Roberts wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> On Fri, 2003-04-04 at 18:46, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> > On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 06:04:57PM +0100, Stacey Roberts wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >      Today I cvsup'd my ports tree and after portupgrading (-R) all p=
orts that required updating, running "make index" fails with a segmentation=
 fault error:
> > > # make index
> > > Generating INDEX - please wait..Out of memory!
> > > Attempt to free unreferenced scalar at /usr/ports/Tools/make_index li=
ne 44, <> chunk 8427.

[...deletia...]

> > This was a cyclic dependency introduced into the Xft port by mistake.
> > It's been fixed now: re-cvsup, make sure you've got version 1.149 or
> > better of ports/x11-fonts/Xft/Makefile and everything should be OK
> > again.
>=20
> After waiting to today to re-cvsup the ports tree.., and updating
> various ports., make index now fails with a difference (see below). Is
> there another reason for this failure, perhaps?
>=20
> Here the end of the "make index" run after today's cvsup of ports tree:
> make_index: avidemux-0.9.0.101: no entry for
> /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/gtk12
> make_index: avidemux-0.9.0.101: no entry for
> /usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4-libraries
> make_index: mutt-1.4.1: no entry for /usr/ports/textproc/sgmlformat
> make_index: ko-pgp-2.6.3: no entry for /usr/ports/security/pgp
> make_index: imaze-xview-1.4: no entry for /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/xview
> make_index: imaze-xview-1.4: no entry for

[...deletia...]

Hmmm... All I can say (and it won't be much help to you) is that it
works just fine for me.  There's one warning about a port which has a
strange version number, but otherwise it's all completely smooth.

About the only thing I can think of is if you've got a few more chunks
of ports than is really healthy listed in your cvsup refuse file.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way