Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:58:55 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za>
To:        doconnor@gsoft.com.au (Daniel O'Connor)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Decision PCCOM Serial Card

> Hi,
> Has anyone got FreeBSD to recognise one of these?
> I've tried modifying sio.c by adding this at line 598..
> 	{ 0x00046666, "PCCOM Serial", 0x18 },
>
> But no luck.. Booting -v produces no diagnostics <sigh>
> pciconf -l for this card produces ->
> none0@pci0:11:0:        class=0x070002 card=0x00000000 chip=0x00046666 rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
>
> The card has a PLX 9051 and 2 16750's on it. The Linux driver for it
> looks pretty basic - it is a patch to serial.c which doesn't appear to
> actually do much apart from working out how many ports the card has and
> what sort of UART it possesses. (via PCI config regs).
>
> Anyone else had any luck with these?

You might have more luck getting the puc driver to work with this card.
It is more flexable and meant for these kind of cards.

You will still need to figure out how the serial ports are organised on
the card though. Things like, does each serial port have its own BAR, or
are both inside one BAR and what the offset is where the ports start.
You might be able to figure that out from the linux patch though.
Once you figure those things out, you just add it to pucdata.c, build
a kernel with the puc device and off you go. :-)

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@icomtek.csir.co.za / jhay@FreeBSD.org