Date:      Thu, 14 May 1998 14:29:24 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Darren Reed <avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Vinum: first alpha release available

Vinum is Greg Lehey's very promising replacement for CCD... It lets you
'join' disks in a system together to gain more speed, redundancy (i.e. store
the same data on 2 disks in case one fails) etc.

It is not finished yet - Greg has just released the first Alpha version,
which is for people to test...

Not recomended for the faint hearted at the moment, but it does look very
promising...

Greg did have a web page with some details on, but I think I mislayed the

Regards,

Karl Pielorz