Date:      Sat, 05 May 2001 22:02:53 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I want to contribute a utility, how?

Mike Meyer wrote:

> To get something added to the distribution, you really have to find
> someone with the commit bit willing to maintain it. If you want to

So you've got to have a(ccess to) commit bit to commit a bit. Makes
sense to me <g>.

But, suppose you've bitten off a wee bit too much. Taken a bigger
byte, so to speak. The question then surely becomes how many bitted
committers one needs to have ones byte bitten a bit bit committed?

Well... it is a question and about FreeBSD to boot!

Roelof

PS that reminds me. How does one become a bit committer (not that I'm
solliciting mind :). Is it really true that one must bow ones knees
and swear to uphoald the spirit of free source, fight the evil pests
(or bugs as some dialects would have it), not to mention slay dragons
and rescue damsels in (dist|und)ress when the opportunity arises
before one receives the blow (or tap depending on build) on the
shoulder and becomes bitted.

PS okay, true, I'm ripe to be a bit committed ;)