Date:      Sun, 19 Jun 2005 21:09:02 -0700
From:      Eric Anholt <eta@lclark.edu>
To:        Everett Batey <efbatey@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD X11 <freebsd-x11@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Really Vanilla PCI Video

On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 10:44 -0700, Everett Batey wrote:
> Giving up on MSI Mobo's integrated video ..
>
> WHAT is the most vanilla and cheap PCI video card that I can try to get
> X11 to work right on FreeBSD 5.4 .. ?  So far NO luck with X.org and
> only able to get X11 and NO widgets to come up with the onboard
> UniChrome ???

Unichrome support is under active development by several people, so
xorg-server-snap may work better for you if you haven't tried it.

I suppose a good example of a cheap PCI video card would be a 3dfx
Voodoo3 or perhaps Voodoo5 PCI.  Mach64s are also good, if you don't
need the performance.

--
Eric Anholt                                     eta@lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/              anholt@FreeBSD.org