Date:      Tue, 14 Jun 2005 23:26:37 -0700
From:      "Loren M. Lang" <lorenl@alzatex.com>
To:        "Loren M. Lang" <lorenl@alzatex.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Download URL for blobwars.

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp

On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 10:24:17PM -0700, Loren M. Lang wrote:
> I am almost finished in making a port for the game blobwars, but I am
> having trouble in getting fetch to work.  The download url provided on
> the site is:
>=20
> http://www.parallelrealities.co.uk/download.php?file=3Dblobwars-1.04-1.ta=
r.gz&type=3Dzip
>=20
> so I decided to try setting MASTER_SITES to
>=20
> http://www.parallelrealities.co.uk/download.php?type=3Dzip&file=3D and set
>=20
> PORTNAME and DISTVERSION as appropriate.  This caused fetch to grab the
> file successfully, but it saved it as
>=20
> download.php?type=3Dzip&file=3Dblobwars-1.04-1.tar.gz
>=20
> instead of blobwars-1.04-1.tar.gz so extract then fails.  Though when I
> click on the link in konqueror, it brings up a save as dialog with the
> correct filename.  What do I need to do to get fetch to save it as
> appropriate?

I think what's happening here is that libfetch doesn't understand the
Content-disposition header that the site is sending out and so is saving
the file with the wrong name.  The fix would be to add support for the
content-disposition header to libfetch or use a suitable replacement
that understands the header.  The only other alternative I can see it to
host the file somewhere else or hack the ports makefile to force the
filename on it.

>=20
> --=20
> I sense much NT in you.
> NT leads to Bluescreen.
> Bluescreen leads to downtime.
> Downtime leads to suffering.
> NT is the path to the darkside.
> Powerful Unix is.
>=20
> Public Key: ftp://ftp.tallye.com/pub/lorenl_pubkey.asc
> Fingerprint: CEE1 AAE2 F66C 59B5 34CA  C415 6D35 E847 0118 A3D2
> =20

--=20
I sense much NT in you.
NT leads to Bluescreen.
Bluescreen leads to downtime.
Downtime leads to suffering.
NT is the path to the darkside.
Powerful Unix is.

Fingerprint: CEE1 AAE2 F66C 59B5 34CA  C415 6D35 E847 0118 A3D2
=20

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp

--17pEHd4RhPHOinZp--