Date:      Fri, 17 Oct 1997 02:06:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      yossman <yossman@yoss.canweb.net>
To:        dkelly@hiwaay.net
Cc:        chad@dcfinc.com, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anti-spam sendmail in 2.2.5?

On Thu, 16 Oct 1997 dkelly@hiwaay.net wrote:

> I don't support legislation making it illegal to forge mail. I'd rather see
> RFC's alter the protocol into something that is extremely difficult to
> forge. Idiot lawmakers have already proven they Don't Have A Clue.

bravo.  that is exactly what would have come out of my mouth, had i said
it first.  i was just discussing with some colleagues this very fact of
supporting new laws, instead of making better protocols.  if we want and
expect the Net to self-regulate, let's start with the procotols it's built
on, right?

yossman

Yossarian Holmberg (yossman)                        yossman@yossman.org
System Administrator, National Online           http://www.yossman.org/
my statements are my own, not my employer's -- i do not speak for them.

'... and if i die, before i learn to speak .. can money pay for all the
days i've lived awake but half asleep?' -- Primitive Radio Gods,
"Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth With Money In My Hand"