Date:      Sun, 08 Jun 2003 11:12:06 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        amnesia@t-online.de
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mini-PCI Cards dont work

In message: <00c301c32db3$61effea0$030aa8c0@video>
            Amnesia@t-online.de (Torsten K=F6tting) writes:
: Its a Cisco Aironet 350. The driver does find the card but when I act=
ivate
: its interface an0 I get a timeout message, the cpu-load jumps to 100%=
 and I
: need to reset the laptop.

These are classic interrupt storm symptoms.  For some reason, we're
not routing a proper interrupt, or the an driver is failing to fully
service the interrupt in hardware, causing it to interrupt again.

: After checking several mailarchives and trying
: older firmwares for the MPI350 without having any success I thought I=
 give
: up on the MPI350 and buy an Orinoco wlan card, again MiniPCI. I was s=
ure I
: have solved my probs now but I was wrong. Exactly the same problem ap=
pears
: now with the Orinoco Card. The Driver finds it, after activating the =
wi0
: interface the system crashes.

What was the crash?  I've has issues with my minipci orinoco card that
I've not been able to fully nail down.

Warner