Date:      Mon, 4 Oct 1999 15:21:16 +1000
From:      Phil Homewood <philh@mincom.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: squid, ssl, socks5 and -STABLE

Phil Homewood wrote:
> I seem to have found a problem with squid 2.2-STABLE4 running
> under FreeBSD-3.3-STABLE (cvsupped within the last 36 hours).

Some more news to hand:

> The squid host sits behind a firewall (also 3.3-STABLE, last
> cvsupped a couple of weeks ago.) running SOCKS5. I also have
> a second firewall, same config but still running a 3.2-STABLE;
> makes no difference which firewall I use.

squid and SOCKS5 on the squid host are both as installed by the
ports collection. SOCKS5 is 1.0r10. Forgot to mention this
earlier, my apologies.

> Have I found a buglet in squid, in FreeBSD's socket code, or
> am I just doing something terminally stupid?
>
> (This basic concept has been working fine with squid 1.1.x on
> Digital Unix, so I see no theoretical reason why I can't do
> what I want to here...)

2.2-STABLE4 tests fine on DU 4.0D with socks5 1.0r10 and the
same squid.conf and libsocks5.conf, so it doesn't seem to be
a squid buglet. Unless squid is doing something brain-damaged
that DU doesn't care about, of course.

I'm completely out of ideas, now. Anyone?
--
Phil Homewood             DNRC          email: philh@mincom.com
Postmaster and BOFH