Date:      Thu, 11 Jun 1998 13:23:09 +0000
From:      "Greg Rowe" <greg@uswest.net>
To:        Travis Mikalson <bofh@terranova.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Anyone know what this SCSI error is about?

 We have about 300 or so C's and D's in production with no problems at various
release levels. We still have a couple E's in boxes with light loads and they
run OK except for the occasional errors. We found that high user load or a
couple bonnie or iozone runs can cause the systems to crash. Also, performance
numbers under bonnie are terrible on the E cards. The E cards will also fail on
our CAM test systems. All other Adaptec problems at the later FreeBSD releases
can be traced to the usual drive/cable/termination problems.

Greg

--
Greg Rowe <greg@uswest.net>   US WEST - !NTERACT Internet Services
 "To err is human, to really foul up requires the root password."