Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 2007 17:55:10 +0100
From:      Alex Dupre <ale@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@sigpipe.cz>,  freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: devel/php5-spl: Countable is ineffective

Roman Neuhauser ha scritto:
> I'm not sure I understand you correctly.  The change broke the module,
> and in an extremely dangerous way: affected programs silently change
> their behavior.  What advantages could the shared library have over a
> working PHP?

The module was broken even before in a different part. The fact that now
affects you doesn't mean was better before. When this feature was
introduced there was a flame-storm between php devs because the presence
of an optional extension shouldn't modify the behaviour of the standard
library. This is bad coding, but, as I said, I'm working to fix it. And,
if you are wondering, I didn't deliberately commit such regression.

--
Alex Dupre