Date:      Mon, 14 Sep 2009 14:14:46 -0300 (BRT)
From:      "Mario Lobo" <mlobo@digiart.art.br>
To:        "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New network capabilities?

> I see that the new port of VB seems to have added a couple of kernel
> modules that are probably network related: vboxnetadp.ko and
> vboxnetflt.ko.
>
> Do these provide new networking options? I have seen quite a bit of
> discussion of new network code on this list, but I am not sure exactly
> what they cover or how to use them and I don't see much on the wiki,
> but it looks like TAP is now available.

They provide host and bridge networking respectively. The TAP device (a
great patch provided by Juergen Lock) is still in the code (I think) but
Juergen designed it to be used while the networking bridge was not
avaliable.

I think that you can still use the TAP patch at the cost of disabling the
bridge code.

Mario Lobo