Date:      Fri, 18 May 2018 23:29:33 +0200
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Proxy a TCP connection

Hello.

Let's say I have a router connected to the Internet on one side and to a
LAN with private IPs on the other.
I want some clients from outside to be able to connect to a TCP service
on a machine on the LAN: they should connect to port X on the firewall's
public IP and reach port Y on the internal box.

I've used net/socket in the past, but stopped when, in some corner case,
it would "ruin" the data; besides it has been removed from the port tree.

I happily switched to net/tcpproxy, but lately it's dying every few days
and must be restarted; I could drop its rc.d script and use
sysutils/daemontools' svscan instead, but if there's a simpler solution...

Does anyone have a good suggestion for a program similar to the above ones?
I require nothing fancy, I just want it to be reliable.

  bye & Thanks
	av.