Date:      Fri, 10 Sep 2004 11:38:03 +0200
From:      "Angelo Turetta" <aturetta@rainbownet.com>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@DeepCore.dk>, "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: poor ATA disk speed with ICH2

This sounds a lot like thermal recalibration seeks, to me. Except it's
something modern hardware is supposed to need very rarely, if not at all...
Might be the effect of some power-saving setting intruduced in 5.x ?
(or maybe the new ATA code is actually so fast it's overheating your disks
:-) :-)

Angelo Turetta