Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2018 20:52:26 -0700
From:      bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd-rwg@pdx.rh.CN85.dnsmgr.net>
Cc:        Tom Vijlbrief <tvijlbrief@gmail.com>, "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>, bob prohaska <fbsd@www.zefox.net>
Subject:   Re: GPT vs MBR for swap devices

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 02:10:21PM -0700, Rodney W. Grimes wrote:

> It might be interesting to do in order the swapon
> commands to 1G USB flash, 1G SD flash, 2G SD flash,

It seems clear that USB flash swap, alone or in any
combination, fails early in buildworld. 1 GB of SD
flash swap seemed to work consideraby better, but
even it slowed greatly when 500 MB swap was in use.
3 GB of USB mechanical swap seems to work. 3 GB of SD flash
swap (2 GB plus 1 GB) also seemed to work.

These tests were not with the same kernel and sources,
which makes the comparisons rather suspect.

The machine is now reverting to r334939 using 1 GB + 2 GB of
SD flash swap. If that succeeds I will then run buildworld
for each case using the same kernel, world and sources.

Thanks for reading!

bob prohaska