Date:      Fri, 5 Jul 2002 15:44:00 +0100
From:      Daniel Bye <dan@slightlystrange.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: natd to forward connections?

On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 08:20:04AM -0500, Adam Ryan wrote:
> Hello,
>
> At work I have a usenet server that can only be accessed from a certain
> block of IPs.  I would like to use my freebsd machine to setup a proxy
> of some sort to forward any requests from a remote machine on port 119
> to my freebsd machine which in turn forwards to the news servers.
>
> How can I do this with natd?

Try the -redirect_port option:

natd -redirect_port tcp 192.168.0.119:119 119

This tells natd to redirect any tcp requests on port 119 of your FreeBSD
box to port 119 on the news server box (change its IP address accordingly)

HTH...

Dan

--
Daniel Bye

PGP Key fingerprint: 3D73 AF47 D448 C5CA 88B4 0DCF 849C 1C33 3C48 2CDC
                                                                     _
                                              ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
                                         - against HTML, vCards and  X
                                - proprietary attachments in e-mail / \