Date:      Sun, 9 Jan 2000 21:33:40 +0100
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help _please_ "make world" faila

On Sun, Jan 09, 2000 at 01:32:49PM -0500, Stan Brown wrote:
> 	 I reported this yesterday, and the only reply I got asked for more
> 	 details. Here they are.
>
> 	 I cvsuped STABLE yesterday mornign, and again this mornng, and "make
> 	 world" fails. here is the log:

Hi!

Is the enclosed output all that you get? If so, am I right in assuming that
you do not delete /usr/obj/* before each build? IMHO it is pretty much
compulsory, esp if you also cvsup in the meantime, that is /usr/src changes.
As the Handbook says, even with great care, leaving it can cause creepy
dependency
problems which stem from the fact that FreeBSD is a monolithic system, you
either upgrade all of it in one go or you can be in for some surprise...it
takes much longer but is worth it. I always do it this way and have never
had problems save for the occasions when the code itself was broken,
although I do buildworlds often to test-drive the new code, and to make sure it
builds.

Also, I would suggest blowing /usr/src/games/larn altogether and checking it
out again, just in case.

Hope this helps.

Regards:
Szilveszter ADAM